The Benefits of Sports Massage
Sports Massage is a specialized form of Swedish Massage which we offer at Massage Therapy Center Palo Alto. It focuses on enhancing athletic performance and facilitating post-event recovery, and it especially benefits professional and amateur athletes, exercise enthusiasts, and dancers.
Sports massage practitioners concentrate on working the whole body and also pay particular attention to those muscle groups involved in a specific sport or activity. Four basic strokes are used: direct or trigger point pressure, cross fiber friction, compression, and percussion.
The benefits of Sports Massage include:
- Keeps the whole body in optimum physical condition by increasing blood circulation (nutrient delivery), lymph circulation (toxin removal), and promoting relaxation
- Can elevate athletic performance and boost endurance
- Reduces muscle tightness and fatigue
- Helps prevent injuries by increasing flexibility and elasticity in the joints
- Promotes faster recovery to injured tissues
- Reduces pain